Governor Lamont Nominates 15 Connecticut People To Fill Vacancies on the Outstanding Court
These Are the 1st Nominations Produced in Virtually 3 Several years to the Court, Which Has 50 Vacancies
(HARTFORD, CT) – Governor Ned Lamont nowadays declared that he is nominating 15 jurists to fill vacancies as judges on the Connecticut Exceptional Courtroom.
This is the initial course of Exceptional Court nominations made by Governor Lamont, who took place of work in January 2019. The most latest class was approved in 2018 less than the prior administration. Condition statutes authorize 185 judges on that court docket, and 50 of individuals positions are at this time vacant.
“I am happy right now to announce a single of the most various courses of judicial nominations in our state’s history,” Governor Lamont claimed. “This class of ladies and gentlemen carry with them a assorted qualifications of expertise and qualifications that meet the substantial benchmarks that the inhabitants of Connecticut are worthy of to have serving in management positions in the court program.”
The Superior Court docket nominees consist of:
- Linda Allard, 60, of West Hartford: Allard is at this time a staff attorney with Better Hartford Authorized Support, where by she tactics loved ones regulation and signifies victims of domestic violence. Allard labored for extra than a ten years as a partnership legal professional, representing victims as component of a statewide authorized help initiative funded by the federal Business on Violence Versus Women. She is the direct lawyer for the Greater Hartford Authorized Aid/Hartford Health care Health-related-Lawful Partnership, offering free authorized tips to minimal-income patients. She gained her undergraduate diploma from Cornell University, and her Juris Medical professional diploma from Cornell Legislation College.
- John Cirello, 50, of New Haven: Cirello is currently a founding lover of Cirello & Vessicchio, LLC, exactly where he has labored given that 2004. His standard observe involves felony protection, civil litigation, business regulation, housing legislation, and probate issues. He acquired his undergraduate degree from Bryant School, and his Juris Doctor degree from Quinnipiac College Faculty of Law.
- William Clark, 51, of New Haven: Clark is a previous law spouse at the legislation business Berchem, Devlin and Moses in Milford. He also practiced regulation at Lynch, Traub, Keefe and Errante in New Haven. He is at present the Chief Functioning Officer for Waterbury Public Universities, exactly where he is responsible for handling the Board of Education’s non-curricular departments and managing a extensive wide variety of fiscal and legal issues for the college program, like work and collective bargaining matters, enterprise transactions, contracts and negotiations, regulatory compliance, and training regulation. He formerly served as Chief Working Officer for New Haven General public Educational institutions. He earned his undergraduate diploma from the University of Notre Dame, and his Juris Medical professional degree from Quinnipiac University College of Legislation.
- Michael Gustafson, 59, of West Hartford: Gustafson is presently an Assistant United States Attorney for the District of Connecticut, where he has served considering the fact that 1997 and specializes in violent criminal offense prosecutions. He is also the office’s Job Secure Neighborhood Coordinator. Formerly, he served as Initial Assistant United States Attorney and Chief of the Prison Division. He attained his undergraduate degree from Amherst Faculty and his Juris Health care provider degree from the University of Connecticut College of Legislation.
- H. Gordon Corridor, 66, of New Haven: Corridor is currently an Assistant United States Lawyer for the District of Connecticut, where he has served because 1989. Due to the fact 1992, he has labored in the office’s legal division. He is accountable for supervising investigations and prosecutions of federal regulations. Prior to doing work at the U.S. Attorney’s Place of work, Hall engaged in the standard exercise of legislation with the Hartford legislation organization of Sorokin and Sorokin, worked as Assistant Company Counsel for the City of New Haven, and served as counsel to the Connecticut Lawyer Standard. He gained his undergraduate diploma from Harvard College, and his Juris Physician diploma from the College of Connecticut University of Legislation.
- Kimberly Massicotte, 59, of Burlington: Massicotte is now Unique Counsel for Opioid Litigation in the Connecticut Lawyer General’s Business, where she has labored for more than 30 decades. In this place, she is liable for leading the state’s litigation attempts towards opioid companies, distributors, and other dependable functions. Previously, she served as the Affiliate Legal professional Common for Litigation below Lawyer General George Jepsen, supervising all litigation in the Workplace of the Attorney Typical. Prior to that, she served as Section Head of the Office’s Setting Division. She gained her undergraduate degree from St. Joseph’s Faculty, and her Juris Health practitioner diploma from Western New England College College of Regulation.
- Maximino Medina, Jr., 62, Bridgeport: Medina is a lover at Zeldes, Needle & Cooper, Laptop, in Bridgeport, in which he has worked considering the fact that 1984, concentrating in the parts of individual bankruptcy and professional regulation, both litigation and transactional. Medina is fluent in Spanish and has provided intensive professional bono companies to moderate and low-profits families. He attained his undergraduate diploma from Harvard College, and his Juris Doctor diploma from New York College College of Legislation.
- Ndidi Moses, 43, of Seymour: Moses is at present an Assistant United States Attorney for the District of Connecticut, in which she has labored considering the fact that 2008. In 2010, she became the Office’s Civil Rights Coordinator. Prior to signing up for that business, she labored as an affiliate at Robinson & Cole, LLP, and served as a legislation clerk in the Connecticut Appellate Courtroom for Judge Thomas A. Bishop. Moses also beforehand served as president of the Connecticut Bar Affiliation and the George W. Crawford Black Bar Association. She attained her undergraduate diploma and M.A. from Pennsylvania State College, and her Juris Health practitioner degree from the College of Connecticut University of Legislation.
- Gladys Idelis Nieves, 49, of New Haven: Nieves is at the moment a Household Assist Magistrate in the Connecticut Judicial Branch, exactly where she has served since 2014. Promptly prior to becoming appointed to that place, she labored in the Regulation Places of work of Gladys I. Nieves, serving as sole proprietor and representing mother and father and kids concerned in boy or girl abuse and neglect proceedings, which include termination of parental legal rights. Prior to that, she served as a Senior Team Lawyer for the Heart for Children’s Advocacy in Hartford, and also labored as an legal professional for the Legal Support Culture in the South Bronx. She gained her undergraduate diploma from Yale College, and her Juris Health care provider from the New York College College of Law.
- Edward O’Hanlan, 64, of Outdated Lyme: O’Hanlan is presently a partner at Robinson & Cole, LLP, where by he has labored given that 2001 on a variety of land use matters, from administrative programs and appeals to complex serious residence litigation. A retired U.S. Navy captain with 24 many years of active and reserve service, O’Hanlan serves on the Board of Directors of the Connecticut Veterans Lawful Centre, and also does pro bono operate with the organization, aiding veterans triumph over legal obstacles to housing, healthcare, employment, and rewards. He gained his undergraduate degree from Hampden-Sydney University, and his Juris Health care provider diploma from the College of Richmond Faculty of Legislation.
- Angelica Papastavros, 51, of Killingworth: Papastavros is at present an Assistant Public Defender for the New Haven Judicial District, the place she has served given that 2014. Beforehand, she labored in personal follow for 18 yrs, specializing in legal protection. She has used the greater part of her career as a criminal defense legal professional, representing men and women billed with critical crimes in trial and post-conviction proceedings. She earned her undergraduate degree from the University of Bridgeport, and her Juris Health care provider degree from Quinnipiac College University of Law.
- Chris Pelosi, 55, of Berlin: Pelosi is now a Senior Assistant State’s Legal professional assigned to the Judicial District of Hartford, wherever he has served considering the fact that 1999. In that purpose, he handles serious felony scenarios from arraignment to disposition. Ahead of practising law, Pelosi served as a Probation Officer in the Danbury and Waterbury Judicial Districts. He attained his undergraduate degree from Assumption Higher education, and his Juris Doctor degree from the Quinnipiac University College of Legislation.
- Carletha Texidor, 43, of Southington: Texidor is currently an Assistant Legal professional Standard in the Work Legal rights section of the Connecticut Legal professional General’s Workplace, where by she has served since 2014. Previously, she engaged in non-public practice in New York City. She also served as counsel for the New York City Department of Education and learning. Ahead of practicing law, she worked as a corrections officer in England. She is a graduate of Lewisham University and the College of Greenwich in England.
- Jessica Torres Shlatz, 48, of West Hartford: Torres Shlatz is presently an Assistant Lawyer Standard in the Community Basic safety section of the Connecticut Legal professional General’s Office, in which she has served for the final 15 many years. She formerly served in that office’s Little one Security department. Prior to becoming a member of the Attorney General’s Office environment, she served as an Assistant State’s Attorney in both of those the adult and juvenile courts. She attained her undergraduate degree from the University of Connecticut, and her Juris Physician degree from Western New England College Faculty of Regulation.
- Carla Nascimento Zahner, 41, of West Hartford: Zahner is at present a partner at Louden, Katz and McGrath, LLC, where by she techniques household regulation. She began her authorized career performing in the coverage field and subsequently became an attorney for the Baby Protection Fee, where she represented indigent dad and mom and small children who had been the subject of investigations by the Connecticut Division of Kids and Family members. She acquired her undergraduate diploma from Trinity Higher education, and her Juris Health care provider diploma from the College of Connecticut College of Legislation.